This small and exclusive camp, the first of Sanctuary's luxury safari properties, was built along sustainable lines which, along with our innovative wetlands and tree-planting projects, have earned Sanctuary Olonana a gold award from Ecotourism Kenya. Game drives, cultural visits, bush dinners, sundowners, scenic flights and balloon rides, Olonana makes for a wonderful African safari.
WHY VISIT SANCTUARY OLONANA
- Located on a private concession bordering the epic Masai Mara
- During annual Wildebeest Migration, the action happens on the camp's doorstep
- Easily accessible, only a 45 minute flight from Nairobi
- Offers an array of activities including game drives, cultural visits, bush dinners, sundowners, balloon flights and scenic flights
- Developed conservation and community projects - one of only a handful of properties in Kenya to be Gold Eco-Rated by Ecotourism Kenya and our guides have won multiple awards for responsible tourism
Number of Rooms
12 spacious permanent tents.
ROOM DCOR: Each tent is tastefully appointed with two comfortable queen-size beds, ensuite bathrooms with showers, and large, river view verandahs. Enjoy a quiet evening drink, cozily seated on your verandah, watching the hippo frolicking just before heading out for their nightly grazing.
ROOM AMENITIES: en-suite bathrooms with hot water shower, shaver plug and hair dryer.
The chefs will delight you with exquisite cuisine, which can be served al fresco perched on the Siria escarpment overlooking the Mara plains or as a picnic deep in the bush. Or you can sink into the comfortable sitting area with some books from the camp's library lounge, and then enjoy a delicious dinner in the dining room overlooking our private section of the Mara River.
- Inviting swimming pool
- Twelve large tented bush pavilions with wooden floors and rugs
- Massive mosquito nets over queen-size beds
- Lots of luxuries such as shaver point and hair dryer
- Walk-through windows onto a private veranda
- Natural dcor in stylish ethnic African designs
- Timbered decks for dining, sunbathing and stargazing
- Boutique lodge with a small number of guests