The Residence Zanzibar incorporates various influences of the island's history to create a unique ambiance where guests are indulged in an elegant and sophisticated, yet casual atmosphere. The Swahili, Omani, English and Indian influences will ensure a delightful journey of unsurpassed service, gastronomy and thorough wellbeing.
Every one of the 66 stand-alone villas has its very own private swimming pool in which to bask in the sun and hide from the other guests. A real luxury for those seeking serenity and seclusion. This luxurious all-villa resort is a proud member of Leading Hotels of the World and the only member in Tanzania. The Residence Zanzibar is set in isolated splendour on the South West coast of the island, on 32 hectares of pristine land once occupied by the Shirazi Princes.
Located just 55 minutes from the airport and the capital Stone Town, The Residence Zanzibar lies on a mile-long powdery white sand beach, flanked by coconut palms and the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. The village of Kizimkazi, famous for its dolphin Safaris, is close by (20 minutes by car).
All 66 villas are luxuriously appointed with contemporary, stylish furniture reminiscent of the island's African and Omani heritage.
They are divided into 6 categories:
- 34 Luxury Garden Pool Villas - 155 m2
- 13 Luxury Ocean Front Pool Villas - 155 m2
- 11 Prestige Ocean Front Pool Villas - 194 m2
- 5 Frangipani Garden Pool Villas - 234 m2
- 2 Frangipani Ocean Front Pool Villas - 234 m2
- 1 Presidential Ocean Front Villa - 468 m2
Every villa offers the following amenities:
- satellite TV
- CD/DVD player
- direct dial telephone
- hairdryer, bath robes, mosquito nets, personal safe
- tea and coffee making facilities
- broadband internet access
- air-conditioning and overhead fans
- private swimming pool (30 - 35 m2 and 1.2 m deep)
- wicker chairs and day bed on the pool deck
The Dining Room (For breakfast, lunch and dinner)
This central restaurant offers international dishes with a hint of Zanzibar "spice".
The Pavilion Restaurant (Dinner 7.00pm - 10.30pm)
Dinner is filled with the warmth and colours of Zanzibar and brings to life the very best of Middle-Eastern, Greek, Turkish and Mediterranean food.
Beach & Poolside (Lunch 12 noon - 4.00pm)
The lunch menu includes a selection of salads, fresh seafood, fritters and pasta.
In-villa private dining (available for breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Guests can enjoy the elegant and refined experience of dining on their private deck (no extra cost for the delivery).
Sundown Special (6.00pm - 7.30pm)
Cocktails and canap?®s are served around the pool or on the Pontoon.
The Library Bar
Guests will step back into colonial splendour and follow Dr Livingstone's journey. They can leaf through books whilst indulging in an old malt whisky or a more traditional aperitif.
The Dining Room Bar
The Dining Room Bar gives a taste of old Persia with local wood and a hammered copper bar.
- Private butler service
- Complimentary in-limo amenities, cold towels, chilled water and cookies
- In-villa guest registration
- Unpacking and packing service
- In-villa complimentary amenities will include fresh fruits, bottled water, chocolates, cookies, a choice of herbal teas
- Complimentary sorbets, iced water and fruit skewers offered on the beach
- 24-hour in-villa dining
- A huge swimming pool (41 m x 14 m)
- DVD Library
- Bicycles for each villa
- Golf buggy transportation
- In-house laundry and dry cleaning
- Broadband Internet access in villas
- Tour and excursion service
Open daily 9.00am- 5.00pm
The Residence Zanzibar offers daily activities for children.
Trained staff will entertain the children and introduce them to the wonders that Zanzibar and the local community have to offer.
Children from 4 - 12 years are free of charge.
Babysitting is available at an extra charge.
The Spa has 6 treatment pavilions, nestled amongst 2 hectares of beautiful gardens. Each luxuriously appointed pavilion leads directly onto a private garden with outdoor shower, bathtub and relaxation area. French therapist Jean Marc Weill has created an array of massages exclusively for the Spa at The Residence Zanzibar.
All the beauty treatments have been entrusted to The luxury French cosmetic brand Carita.
Hair Spa and Hairdresser Pavilion
Guests can experience hairdresser services in a luxurious and relaxing pavilion. They can also benefit from high performing treatments at the Carita Hair Spa to obtain visible results thanks to Carita's amazing product innovations and dream formulas.
The Residence Zanzibar Spa is the first hotel spa in the world to provide the Ohashiatsu?« concept. More than a massage, this energy-based protocol created by Mr Wataru Ohashi combines the use of acupressure points, exercise and an Oriental diagnosis to offer relaxation in a completely beneficial and holistic way.
The following complimentary watersports, landsports and activities are available:
- Tennis Court
- Fitness Centre
- Kayaks, Pedal boats and HobieCats
The following activities can be organised at an additional charge:
- Kite surfing
- Deep-sea fishing
- Dolphin safari
- Dhow cruise
- Scuba diving