Located on the edge of the escarpment overlooking the plains of the south-western Serengeti National Park, home to many thousands of wild and rare animals, Serengeti Sopa Lodge lies within an area of out-standing natural beauty. An oasis of cool relaxation from the equatorial sun.
The lodge allows its guests to experience magnificent sights and enjoy interaction with the land and animals difficult to find elsewhere, whilst at the same time enjoying the highest level of cuisine and hospitality.
NUMBER OF ROOMS: 79 rooms with a capacity of 179.
Room dcor: Wall-to-wall carpeting, spacious with a private lounge with a private verandah which offers stunning views over the plains.
Room amenities: Mini bar, a bedroom with two queen size beds and ample room for a third, an en-suite bathroom with shaver sockets and a hair dryer.
Special feature: The highlight being the annual migration of the wildebeestes. From December to May the migration gathers in the immediate vicinity of the lodge and provides a rare, never-to-be-forgotten spectacle.
Large spacious dining hall overlooking the plains and An adjacent bar
- Direct-dial satelite telephone
- Satellite Television
- Electrical generating systems with 240 Volts, 50 cycles
- Ample water supply from nearby springs
- Complimentary bottled mineral water provided in the mini bars
- Family friendly and children facilities
- Gift shops
- Supply of diesel and can carry out most minor repairs
- he double and wildlife-video-film options.
- A number of lodge size pools
- Game viewing drives.
- A hot-air balloon safari
- Variety of board games
- Traditional dances