Bilila Four Seasons Lodge has been designed to blend harmoniously into the undulating landscape of the Central Serengeti woodlands - colors merge with the land and local products have been used extensively. Of interest is that the cooling thatch for the roofs was made from over a million traditional "chelewa" brooms while the pale fawn colored stone for the walls was sourced from nearby Mugumu. The interiors have a soothing architectural flow while the color palette reflects the natural hues of the African landscape. The creations of local artists add colorful highlights while wildlife paintings from Europe's finest artists adorn the walls. As you walk in you are greeted not only by staff offering water-chilled hand towels and fruit juice but also by two life sized, hand-cast bronze Maasai statues.
The main lodge incorporates a central dining room, a lounge where a mouth-watering high tea is served every afternoon and a bar offering rare malts, cognacs and cigars. Also included is a wine cellar with an acclaimed selection of fine wines and a sommelier to assist you in your choice.
Bilila also offers a library, game room, spa, fitness center, gift shop, fine jewelry shore, conference center and children's play area.
The outdoor area includes a beautiful azure infinity swimming pool which overlooks a waterhole visited by elephant, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest and other animals during the dry season. Plenty of comfy chairs and loungers make this an ideal spot to relax.
One of the most striking features of the main lodge and suites is the extensive use of floor-to-ceiling glass doors and windows that constantly draw your eye to one of the most spell-binding views in the Serengeti.
Accommodations at Bilila Four Seasons Lodge consist of 72 light, airy and spacious suites located in two wings which sweep to the left and right of the central lodge building. Each arc-shaped building graciously follows the natural contours of the land. With their savannah colored walls, thatched roofs and locally sourced and crafted stone walls, each building blends seamlessly into the landscape. To the far right of the property you can find the 2 family chalets, one-bedroom villas and a sumptuous Presidential Villa rightfully claiming to be the finest in Tanzania.
Each of the 72 well-appointed suites is defined within one of two categories: Savanna or Deluxe Room (ground floor) and Horizon or Club Room (second floor). The suites comprise a sleeping area with an exceptionally comfortable hand-crafted king-sized four poster bed (twin also available), luxurious linens and billowing mosquito nets. Two plush chairs with small table at the base of the bed offer unimpeded views through the floor-to-ceiling glass doors that give way to screen doors. Step through the screen doors to your private teak deck with fabulously comfortable chairs and your own telescope for viewing the wildlife and ethereal beauty of Banagi Hill and splendid Serengeti plains beyond.
Dining options are varied and include the elegant main restaurant offering top-class Pan-African and International cuisine. "Theatre Cooking" in the open kitchen shows the freshness and quality of the ingredients used in Bilila's kitchens.
Light meals can also be enjoyed in the lounge area and poolside. The private dining room and wine cellar can be reserved to celebrate a unique occasion while the outdoor Boma serves grill specialties to the accompaniment of Maasai singing, dancing and a demonstration of their jumping skills being a favorite.
Vegetarian and other special dietary requirements, such as kosher, can be accommodated with advance notice.
- Easy access to the Seronera River Valley and Lobo Valley
- Sleeping accommodations consist of 72 luxury suites
- Luxurious private villas, family villas and presidential villa available
- Handicap accessible rooms available
- Golf cards available to transport guests to rooms and throughout property
- Main building consists of lounge, living room, bar, formal dining room, casual dining space and open air veranda, fireplaces, game room and gym
- Spa and wellness center onsite (Anantara Spa)
- Health club and gym onsite
- Infinity swimming pool overlooking Serengeti
- Library and game room
- Internet services
- 24 hour laundry service available
- 24 hour room service available
- 24 hour electricity and hot water
- Room service available
- In-room digital safe
- In-room hairdryer
- In-room tea and coffee making facility
- In-room CD/DVD player
- In-room direct dial telephone with voice mail available
- Satellite TV and radio channels
- In-room mini bar
- In-room air conditioning (privately controlled)
- All rooms have a view over the Serengeti
- Suites with private plunge pool and butler service available
- Kitchenette in family villas
- Meals served at flexible times
- Private dining available
- Credit cards accepted