Facing the always magnificent sunsets to the west, and located at the highest point on Ngorongoro crater's entire rim, Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge stands well over half a kilometre above the crater floor and offers unparalleled views across this enormous caldera.
Themed around traditionally circular African houses with conical roofs, and decorated with examples of Africa's rich tapestry of artistic traditions by way of rich woodcarvings and sculptures, the lodge harmonizes perfectly with its dramatic surroundings. But the drama does not just stop with the great outdoors: it also flows through the split level interiors of the main building which all offer an unsurpassed generosity of space while somehow managing to combine an almost magically welcoming ambience of both warmth and cosiness.
<p><b>NUMBER OF ROOMS: </b>92 suites with a capacity of 190.</p>
<p><b>Room dcor: </b>Spacious rooms with wall-to-wall carpeting and a private solarium which offers stunning views either down into the crater floor below.</p>
<p><b>Room amenities:</b>Central heating, a private lounge with a mini bar, a bedroom with two queen size beds and ample room for a third, an en-suite bathroom with shaver sockets and a hair dryer.</p>
<p><b>Special feature:</b> Excellent view of the floor of the crater.</p>
Large airy dining room with an adjacent bar all with a panoramic view of the floor of the Crater.
- Direct-dial satellite telephone
- Satellite Television
- Electrical generating systems, 240volts, 50 cycles 24 hours
- Water supply comes from nearby springs
- Complimentary bottled mineral water is provided in the mini bars
- Family friendly and children facilities like baby sitting services and special meals
- Gift Shops
- Supply of both petrol and diesel fuels and can carry out most minor repairs
A large conference room with a capacity of 120 and full range of audio-visual equipment.
- A swimming pool situated on the edge of the crater.
- Visit to Empakaai Crater - a high altitude volcanic crater with scenic views over the mineral-rich waters of Lake Natron and of the nearby, still-active volcano the Masai call Ol Donyo Lengai. A one hour drive from the lodge,
- Ol Moti is another forgotten volcanic crater and short-term destination where it is possible to hire a guide and walk up to the top of the crater rim itself.