Rivertrees lies nestled in the foothills of Mount Meru, in view of Mount Kilimanjaro. This peaceful country estate combines old-world ambience, African country elegance, excellent farm cuisine, personal service and genuine warmth from your hosts.
The inn offers tranquility enhanced with contemporary conveniences, ideal for rejuvenation following stressful overseas travel or deep relaxation after a long safari or strenuous climb up Mount Kilimanjaro or Mount Meru.
There are 18 individually styled garden rooms, 2 hidden cottages and the River House'a secluded thatched cottage on the Usa River. Fresh country meals are served in the restaurant, the gardens, the pub, and near the river or in the beautifully restored farmhouse with its warm ochre colors and cherished family antiques.
NUMBER OF ROOMS: Eight self-contained guestrooms are located in the main farmhouse or within the spacious gardens. Our two ',River Cottages', offer private decks and wood burning fireplaces.
ROOM DCOR/AMENITIES: Rivertrees is a small Country Inn accommodating up to 24 guests, guaranteeing privacy, personal attention and service
SPECIAL FEATURE: Located near the village of Usa-River, a twenty-minute drive from Arusha along the Moshi Road. Kilimanjaro Airport is a mere twenty minutes away with daily connections to Europe and beyond.
The old farm house, restaurant & pub are cozily furnished and compliment the surroundings.
Rivertrees offers excellent country cuisine, using fresh fruit, herbs and vegetables grown in the Rivertrees gardens. The aroma of freshly baked bread, herbs and spices wafting in from the kitchens will peek your appetite. Rivertrees also specializes in catering for seminars, weddings, conferences, and corporate workshops for incentive groups and other special occasions.
- Internet services
- A small gift shop
- Satellite T.V
- Laundry services
- Inviting fireplaces ward off the evening chill and country style kitchens round off the picture of a peaceful African home.
- Rivertrees abounds with birdlife, making it a haven for ornithological enthusiasts.
- Beyond the gardens, grass lined pathways lead to the Usa River that flows through the property.
- The pool is located near the river and surrounded by sights and sounds of nature.
- Rivertrees can arrange Horseback riding in the countryside, be it short excursions or longer trails with prior notice.
- Visits to a neighboring village to view the local culture, a colourful craft market or a coffee plantation can also be arranged.