Kigongoni Lodge is located on an historic 70-acre coffee farm near Arusha, amid natural forest. Sitting on a hilltop with lush gardens, the lodge offers breathtaking views of Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru. Tucked between the trees are eighteen cottages, built in traditional African styles and materials. The rooms, cocktail lounge, and restaurant - all with fireplaces - are furnished in an intimate and comfortable manner, maximizing the site's unique views and natural features.
Kigongoni Lodge has been developed in harmony with, and respect for, local community values, heritage and aspirations. The Sibusiso Foundation, a center for improving the quality of life for mentally disabled children and their families, has its home adjacent to the lodge.
Staying with us at Kigongoni will give you an authentic, homely experience and true sense of Tanzania, while providing an opportunity to participate in activities that contribute to the sustainable development of local communities.
NUMBER OF ROOMS: 14 large cottages (60 square meters) built in African styles and materials.
ROOM DCOR: All cottages have a large private verandah with a view of either Mount Meru or Kilimanjaro. Single beds are 4 by 4 feet wide. Double beds are 8 by 8 feet. All are four-poster beds with large mosquito nets.ROOM AMENITIES: Large bathroom area with separate shower and bathtub, Writing and sitting area, Fireplace in each cottage.
- Dining and lounge area heated with fireplaces.
- Intimate outside dining area
- Cuisine is European style with distinct African elements.
- Organically grown vegetables produced from own garden are used whenever possible.
- Breakfast and Dinner served at table.
- Dinner comprises a minimum of 3 courses with complimentary tea or local coffee served at the bar.
- Lounge and bar is open until all guests retire.
- Individual welcome and attention from senior staff.
- Transfers to and from KIA and Arusha Airport.
- Laundry services.
- International telephone calls from room.
- Internet access (Also inside selected rooms).
- Room service.
- Complimentary early morning tea or coffee
- Visa and Master cards are accepted.
- Nature walk through the lodges 70 acres forest and coffee farm.
- Guided village walks with cultural experience.
- Horse riding can be arranged upon request.
- Forest lunches and breakfast.