Larsens Camp is located in Kenya's famous Samburu National Reserve is named after Erik Ole Larsen, a legendary Dane credited with defining the luxury safari under canvas. The camp is bordered by the Uaso Nyiro River on one side; there is nothing to see but pristine nature on the other three.
With just 20 tented accomodations, our all inclusive adventures offer distinct luxury African safari experiences.
The climate is equatorial desert type. The weather is hot all year round with day time temperatures up to 33 degrees Centigrade. The nights are cool.
20 modern tents.
Room dcor: Spacious airy tents facing the river, all raised on wooden platforms, and with each named after a bird.
Room amenities: En-suite facilities, towelling gowns and comfortable leather safari chairs.
Special feature: Unique animals found in the reserve and Larsens is all about peace and tranquility in this regard, children below the age of 7 are not allowed at the camp.
- Dining tent - open on three sides and facing the river;elegant service by candlelight on tables set with silver and Larsens china.
- Tent Bar - In the bar, Eric Larsens old cabin trunks and pith helmets add to the period flavour. Backgammon or chess played on his original boards.
- Larsens Lounge a small ?£cardtent stocks a number of board games and a library of magazines and wildlife books.
- Special functions like champagne breakfast on the banks of the Uaso Nyiro after early morning game drive and Samburu Sunset - an early evening cocktail party on the banks of the river or on top on one of the small hills overlooking the river. Drinks and canaps are served as the sun sets painting the landscape pink
- Bureau de Change and use of Credit Cards - All major credit cards are accepted.
- Communication telephone services are available at the reception.
- Gift shop
- The Camp Fire - many a tale is exchanged around the fire each evening.
- Tree-house ideal for sundowners
- Game viewing drives In the early morning and late afternoon
- Leopard/ crocodile viewing and feeding in the evenings at Samburu Lodge
- Samburu Dancing in the afternoons at Samburu Lodge aren