Set in one hundred and fifty acres of grassland studded with Acacia bushes and trees, the resort is not only home to our resident giraffe, waterbuck and both Vervet and Colobus monkeys, but it is also a night stop for the hippos when they leave the lake every night to come and trim the grass on our expansive lawns.
With Sopa's traditional and conscientious care for the environment, we carefully positioned all the buildings on our property so we did not have to fell any of the many trees there. As a result of this, we had to come up with a radically innovative and artistic design for the main public area building which now snakes its way between the trees with long and graceful curves.
It is also why you might well ask just why our two swimming pools with a children's section and a pool complex with its bar, snack kitchen, pizzeria and health spa; our tennis court; our two conference halls with their four differently sized meeting areas, and our stables are so widely set apart.
21 two-story African style rondavels each containing four suites.(84 rooms)
Room dcor: The rooms have modern furnishing.
Room amenities: The rooms on the ground floor have a sunken bathe and balcony and have queen size twin beds, On the upper floor the rooms have a king size bed and balcony. The balconies are furnished with a table and seats and offer an excellent place to relax and watch the over 400 bird species found in this region. The rooms have 240V power outlets.
The Lodge has one dining though they also serve by the pool. The lodge has two bars.
- Laundry services
- Accept all major credit cards
- Room Service (on request)
- Telephone at the reception
- A souvenir shop.
CONFERENCE FACILITIES: Naivasha sopa has a Modern conference room that can hold 20-25 people.
- Swimming pool
- Gym & sauna
- Bird watching - Naivasha has the highest concentration of Fish Eagle in the world and over 300 species of birds have been sighted on and around the lake. The guides have a wide knowledge of the birds and their habits.
- Crescent Island - By boat
- Day trips - Trips can be arranged to areas of interest in the Naivasha area including Elsamere, Hells Gate and Mt. Longonot.