"With a proliferation of business and luxury lodges dotted in and around Nairobi, it can be a little tricky to choose the best of them. We have been going out to East Africa for the last 12 years and have, either routing through to the safari lodges or on to the beaches, spent many a night trying them all out and have found The Palacina to be the best of them! Stunning little hotel with a great restaurant and rooms at this price it is certainly the pick of the bunch. Our favorite place to stay in Nairobi as it is reasonably priced, a boutique hotel and for that reason we give it 5 paws"
For weary travelers who have seen many a hotel room, Palacina is a breath of fresh air. Offering all the luxuries of a five star hotel, with special personalized service, a relaxed atmosphere and great attention to detail. As a family owned and run hotel the core emphasis is on making guests feel at home during their stay in Nairobi in an atmosphere of understated elegance and warm hospitality.
Guests can chose to stay in either The Residence or The Suites. 'The Suites' are Nairobi's premier hotel room accommodation, which are stylishly decorated and thoughtfully laid out. The Residence features beautifully furnished and fully serviced apartments ideal for guests who are staying in Nairobi for more than a month.
Accommodation consists of fourteen beautifully appointed luxury Suites, including two penthouses. Each suite is over 50 square meters with it own private living room and terrace.
ROOM DCOR: The Suites', feature luxury hotel rooms, offering stylish interiors coupled with the ultimate in comfort and facilities. All are beautifully furnished and fully serviced.
ROOM AMENITIES: They feature a state of the art kitchen which is fully equipped for the most discerning of cooks, large balconies with fantastic views, telephone and internet connection. Satellite TV, mini bar, Safe Boxes, Newspapers in the mornings and fresh flowers in your room every day.
- Personal Daily Maid Service & Catering Services from the Restaurant
- Business centre - The business centre is open 24 hours with the following services available: Internet access, photocopying, telephone and fax, computer usage and printing facilities, drop box for out-going mail.
- Laundry Facilities
- Fresh cut flowers in your room
- Swimming Pool- The pool is open only to residents & guests therefore you are assured of tranquil environment amidst the lush gardens.
- Satellite TV
Located away from the apartments lies the conference center on the River bank. It follows in the same theme dcor of the hotel. The conference center features state of the art facilities all coupled with African art, fresh flowers and fantastic views over the Valley. Coffee Breaks feature options such as Strawberries & Cream, Freshly baked pies, Ice Cream sundaes and our famous brainstorming buffet. The Lounge is perfect for a private meeting by the fire, or reading the dailies over a glass of wine while enjoying
- The coolest jazz in Nairobi?ªthe Sanaa Jazz Band. (Patrick Sanaa, Louis Armstrong)
- Experience the magic of Sinatra, the classics of Ella Fitzgerald every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Fitness room - Located just off the main lobby, this room has the latest aerobic &anaerobic fitness equipment.
- Massage room - Offering a range of spa treatments and massages by our experienced and professional beauty therapist. A place to stimulate your senses and allow for complete relaxation of body and mind.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday come and enjoy vocals of Mike playing soft hits on the guitar.