The Voyager is a vibrant, ship-themed resort famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programmes, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, and special music, fashion, comedy and acrobatic shows.
Moored ten kilometres north of Mombasa city centre along Nyali Road in Nyali, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions, including Africa's largest crocodile farm and the world-famous Haller Park (formerly Bamburi Nature Trail).
Total of 233 cabins in 5 different wings:-
- 83 cabins have frontal sea-view 150 cabins have lateral sea and garden-view
- 18 cabins double-bedded 215 cabins are twin bedded
- 03 one-bedroom junior suite 4x2 cabins with interconnecting doors
All cabins have a private veranda/balcony. The different wings are either 2 or 3 storey buildings. For a quiet stay, guests will choose A and B wings with lateral sea-view going looking into our fantastic garden, while C, D and E wings are situated around the various pools.
Nanny's accommodation NOT available.
Rooms have a unique basic touch with all en-suite facilities
Each cabin is furnished with telephone, individual air-conditioning unit, electronic safety deposit box, and dressing table with illuminated mirror and in-built cupboard. The standard size of a cabin is 18m2. Mosquito nets are given on request. Non-smoking cabins available and rest equipped with smoke detectors and fire orders. Bathrooms have 115/240V shaving sockets, shower, hot and cold water, soap & shampoo, Thermos flask with boiled water.
- All-inclusive concept
- The Adventurous club run by trained and friendly staff and offering children between ages of
- 3-12 various educational and entertainment activities.
- Many activities available
Wining and Dining at the Resort is casual. Beachwear acceptable during the day and smart casual dress for dinner Restaurants are: -
The Mashua Restaurant -
features fantastic stain glass ornaments with Swahili and oceanic themes and a very impressive makuti (coconut tree leaves) thatched roof. All meals here are served buffet style with different themes for dinners. The seating capacity is 260. Also featured here is an outdoor section and a Captain s table.
The Smuggler Cove
A small a la carte restaurant with a capacity of 30, located in a cove of coral rocks and is surrounded by a crocodile pond and the hotels . It specialises in Seafood as well as all kind of grilled meats. Reservation is necessary. Smart casual dressing is required.
The Minestrone -
located at the upper Swimming pool and features Italian Cuisine. Lunch and dinner as table hote and snacks during the day.
The Light House Coffee shop specialises Coffees, Ice cream and sandwiches and open daytime only. Also features a Cyber Cae and is located in the centre between hair-dresser, shopping arcade, fitness and games room.
- HARBOUR LOUNGE BAR OPEN 24 HOURS
- LOOK OUT BAR specializes in cocktails
- KASKAZI BAR specializes in beer
- Big shopping arcade
- Cashiering + Credit cards
- Telephone and Fax services accessible from the room via the operator
- Electricity - 220-240V mains supply.
- Two stand-by generators able to run air-conditioning
- Adapters to the local socket system are available from the cashier against a deposit.
- Baby cots and baby chairs available
- Baby-sitting services at a nominal fee. Nanny accommodation not available
- Medical Facilities 24 hours
- Taxis 24 hours in hotel compound
- Easy access to physically disabled
Gardens magnificent with a wide range of tropical flowers and trees where birds nest and a crocodile pond near the Smuggler Cove Restaurant
- Swimming pools - A choice of three sweet-water pools - Fun pool with Jacuzzi, waterfall, children pool, and waterslide. A Relax pool directly on the seaside and a Sports pool for exercise.
- Fitness Centre - A modern Techno gym equipment run by professional staff. Aerobic classes are also available.
- Games room - table-tennis, pool tables, darts, social games etc., as well as the TV lounge
- Volleyball : A volleyball pitch (sand surface) and on a daily basis our animators organise matches guests vs. guests, or guests vs. employees.
- Animation Activities - daily activities throughout the hotel compound as indicated on the blackboard for the day activities. Activities include water gymnastic/aerobic, water ball, fun games, social games, beach-walks, visits to Bamburi Nature Trail, Bowling, Arrows, Darts, and table tennis tournaments etc.
- Water sports a big water sports center at the beach below the Fun pool offering sailing, windsurfing, canoes, Aqua cycles, peddle boat, glass bottom boat excursions, snorkeling and can arrange for water-skiing in the creek or Jet-Ski, Banana and Tube rides.
- Diving - PADI 5* Diving school offers diving instructions from beginner to instructor level with custom-built diving-boats have two engines and radio communication.
- Deep Sea Fishing - exciting adventures on a half day or full day basis. Rates are always for the charter of the full boat (max. 6 persons). Drinks are provided on the boat. Fish caught, by tradition belongs to the crew.
NB: All water-sports activities are third party services and have adequate insurance
cover For liability but always good to reconfirm with the hotel staff.
- Mamba Village Crocodile Farm - Biggest crocodile farm in Africa. Botanical garden. Feeding time 1600 Hrs. About 2km away
- Nyali Golf & Country Club - Beautiful 18 hole golf course. Reasonable green-fees. 2km away
- Bamburi Nature Trail - Fantastic kind of zoo built in an old quarry. Very rare species of trees and plants and wildlife. Feeding time around 1600 Hrs. Guides available for different languages.
- Ngomongo Village - Built in a quarry, this theme park shows the life and traditions of different tribes of Kenya. About 10km away from the hotel.
- Dhow Safaris:There are a number of companies offering romantic Dhow (ancient Arabic sailboat) excursions around Mombasa, combined with Bush tours, lunches sundowners and dinners.