Mara Intrepids Camp
Overlooking the Talek River Rivers, at the very confluence of the Mara's four game-viewing areas, Mara Intrepids enjoys one of the most spectacular locations in the world's best-known wilderness.
Mara Intrepids is a short drive from the Mara River, where more than a million wildebeest and zebra make their perilous migration crossing every July and August. For the remainder of the year, the camp offers some of the world's finest game viewing, with large local populations of plains game, elephants, rhinos, buffalos, and all the Big Cats. In 2004, some 75% of the footage for the BBC's famous Big Cat Diary was shot in the vicinity of the camp. Mara Intrepids is 298 kilometres and a six-hour drive from Nairobi, while our all-weather airstrip enables guests to be at the camp within 45 minutes of leaving the capital.
30 modern tents of a capacity of 60 persons.
ROOM DCOR: Large poster beds and reproduction furniture with modern en-suite bathrooms with hot showers. The secluded raised platforms enjoy views over the river.
ROOM AMENITIES: Tents are either twin or double bedded and are arranged in groups of two, three or four units to make individual mini-camps. All tents are self-contained with own bathrooms with shower flush, wash hand basin, hot and cold water and electricity.
SPECIAL FEATURE: The camp has private lounge/dining tent for each two, three or four tent units, private bar equipped with refrigerators in each of the ',mini-camps', comfortable four wheel-drive vehicles for game drives, swimming pool, residents', reference library, video room with wildlife video library, Gift Shop, elevated viewing tower for cocktails, suspension bridge over the Talek River, safe deposit facility for valuables, baited tree for leopard, and indoor games are available from reception.
Breakfasts and lunches are served on champagne terrace overlooking the Talek River.The dining room has a seating capacity of 70.
- Room service for snacks and beverages.
- Bottled water and insect repellent in tents.
- Telephone, e-mail, fax and postal services.
- Foreign currency exchange at reception.
- Single-day laundry and valet services.
- Early morning calls with tea or coffee.
- Welcome cocktails on check-in.
- Resident doctor available 24 hours
CONFERENCE FACILITIES: Conference room with business and video facilities.
- Three game drives daily with experienced guides.
- Escorted walking safaris outside the reserve. ?£?£Night Sightsafaris with infrared binoculars (additional charge).
- Romantic sundowners overlooking the plains.
- Arrangements for dawn hot air balloon safaris.
- Lectures and slide shows on culture and wildlife.