This luxurious tented camp lies at the confluence of the Masai Mara's four main game-viewing areas, and enjoys prime views of the spectacular wildebeest migration between July and September. During the remainder of the year, herds of watering elephant, giraffe and other animals can often be seen from your private veranda. Mara Explorer's own all-weather airstrip means you can be in camp less than an hour after leaving the bustle of Nairobi
Mara Explorer has received the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award. The accolade, which honours hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. Approximately 10 percent of accommodations listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award.
To qualify for the Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travellers on TripAdvisor. Additional criteria include the volume of reviews received within the last 12 months.
10 luxurious and well-spaced tents.
Room Dcor: Each luxurious tent is specially designed to open up to the sky and, on one side, an open-air bathtub, and has a private river frontage with views over the banks of the Talek River frequented by animals. The "Explorer" tents have been individually furnished with old wooden chests, tin trunks and historic prints.
Room amenities: Giant double/twin beds with hand-carved mahogany furniture, writing desks, personal closets and luxury individual bathrooms with all modern amenities, mineral water and insect repellants.
Special features: Luxurious with 24-hour personal butler on call
An intimate dining area looks out over the river close to the camp entrance. Meals can also be enjoyed on the private verandah, or at one of a series of specially selected ?£bush sitesclose to camp. The camp bar offers sweeping views over the river, and a quiet place for reading and swapping safari tales. Private parties arranged in the "bush.
- Personal butler on 24-hour call serving each tent
- Private riverfront dining area and ?£bar with a view
- Secluded terrace in front of each tent with chaise lounges
- Bush-enclosed platforms with Victorian ?£claws-footbathtubs
- Luxurious custom-built 4WD safari vehicles
- Telephone and e-mail at Mara Intrepids Camp by arrangement
- Safety deposit boxes for valuables
- Laundry and valet service
- Credit Cards and foreign Exchange facilities
- All weather airstrip - less than 2km from camp.
- Private dispensary and professional doctor at the Mara Intrepids Camp
- 240V electricity from generators
- Sockets for battery recharging, electrical shavers and recharging video
- Game drives using the camps open-sided 4x4 wheel drive vehicles.
- Balloon Rides with champagne breakfast on landing (extra cost)
- Guided game walks in the morning or evening and ends with either champagne bush breakfast or sundowners respectably (extra cost)
- Cultural Tours - to a nearby Masai Manyatta (village) and donation made directly to the local community
- Lake Victoria - day excursion to Lake Victoria by charter flight. Boat rides and fishing on Lake Victoria. Excursion with overnight in Mfangano Island Camp highly recommended (all at an extra cost).