Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp
Known as Kenya's best loved safari camp, &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp offers a quintessential game viewing experience, with sweeping vistas of the Masai Mara or the Sabaringo River. Located where the riverine forest meets the sweeping plains in the path of the awe-inspiring Great Migration, the camp provides an authentic dose of African wildlife, delivered with legendary Kenyan hospitality.
&Beyond Kichwa Tembo is renowned for its gracious teams of Kenyan staff whose warm welcome, charming service and effortless energy delight guests from all over the world.
Please note that the classic tents at &Beyond Kichwa Tembo will be closed for renovation from 15 October 2013 to 31 March 2014. However, our luxury tents will be ready and waiting to welcome guests with our famous brand of warm African hospitality.
The cool spacious dining room, with a capacity of 102 is constructed under a traditional thatched roof and has an unobstructed view of the vast Mara plains. Has comfortable real leather chairs. Luxurious moonlit dinners, served in the bush under canvas by a bonfire next to the banks of the Mara River (at extra cost). Cocktails (at extra cost) with hot and cold canapes, served on the slopes of Oloololo escarpment, with breathtaking views of the Mara plains below. Minimum six and maximum sixty persons.
- Bureau de Change and use of credit cards
- Free safety deposit facility.
- In-house clinical officer
- Laundry service (weather permitting).
- Free baby-sitting services available on request
- Telephone and facsimile services are available at an extra cost.
- Battery charging facilities are available at the Reception.
- Gift shop
- Game viewing drives in open 4x4WD Land Rovers
- A beautiful outdoor swimming pool surrounded by comfortable sun-loungers.
- Traditional Maasai dancers every other evening around the fire (weather permitting).
- Slide shows conducted by the Resident Naturalist on topics such as the ecology Mara, culture..
- Indoor games are available from the Reception.
- Hot Air Ballooning can also be arranged at the Camp
- Fishing excursions to Lake Victoria.
Guided Nature Walks (at an extra cost) through the three nature trails at Kichwa:
- a) The Kichwa Camp Trail - 62 acres of indigenous forest within the Camp grounds.
- b) The Mara River Trail - a gentle walk along the Mara River to see the big game on foot.
- c) The Oloololo Trail - a more strenuous walk up the Western Escarpment
40 tents and 06 Rondavels. Extra beds and baby cots available.
Room dcor: Luxurious spacious tents with extended verandahs that overlook the grounds and game reserve.
Room amenities: Each tent is furnished with rugs, lamps, dressing table, wardrobe, Hot water bottles, hand wash basin, shower and flushing toilet, water flasks with glasses, insect repellent, umbrellas, torches, bottled water.
Special features: Comfortable, tranquil camp ideal for large groups and has a choice of packages inclusive of game viewing drives.