Ol Tukai Lodge is one of the best spots in the world to watch elephant with the backdrop of Africa's highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro. Writers have described Ol Tukai and the surrounding Amboseli National Park 'as a home for the Gods'. Ol Tukai is an Eco-rated lodge having excellent outdoor and indoor facilities with its unique collection of African art. The property receives overwhelming response from the international and local tourism market.
- Kenya Hotels
- Aberdare Hotels
- Amboseli Hotels
- Laikipia Hotels
- Naivasha Hotels
- Lamu Hotels
- Maasai Mara Hotels
- Malindi Hotels
- Mombasa Hotels
- Mount Kenya Hotels
- Nairobi Hotels
- Nakuru Hotels
- Samburu Hotels
- Tsavo Hotels
- Homa Bay
- Tanzania Hotels
- Uganda Hotels
- Zanzibar Hotels
- Mafia Island Hotels
Kenya & Beyond Safaris
Moi Avenue, CBD,
P.O. Box 4623-00200, Nairobi - Kenya
Ol Tukai Lodge
Room d?®cor: The rooms are chalet style, single storey blocks. Built out of local gum trees, beige and cream slate and other indigenous building materials. Two rooms have been designed according to EEC standards to accommodate disabled people. A double storied three bedroom house with verandahs on both floors, a spacious living room and large Jacuzzi all with stunning views of Mt. Kilimanjaro, is also available for those who want something extra. Room amenities: Private bathroom and some rooms have facilities for the disabled. Special features: Each room has an uninterrupted view of the wetlands and Mt. Kilimanjaro, with the occasional dust trail of safari vehicles viewing game in this most beautiful of Kenya's game parks.
Dining Room -This opens onto a verandah, guests can eat inside or out. Behind the international style carvery hangs an intricately designed tapestry depicting four maasai. Wall lanterns designed from spearheads provide illumination. Pool Bar - Open between 10.00am and 5.00pm.This bar serves snacks from a small menu from between meal times. Snacks cannot be taken in lieu of table d'h??te luncheon. Elephant Bar - Situated between the lounge and dining room, this open-air bar serves a wide selection of beers, cocktails, liqueurs and fresh fruit juices. A balcony around the bar at rooftop level gives breathtaking views across the wetlands where you can watch the elephants graze. It is open from 6.00am. until when the last guest retires for the night.
- Bureau de Change - Exchange reasonable amounts of foreign currency.
- Children - Children are welcome. Most bedrooms are large enough to accommodate an extra bed. Children's menu and early supper is available and security guards patrol while parents enjoy their dinner.
- Communication - 24 hour telephone & fax services. A radio call service too.
- Multi Denominational Church - Within the grounds stands a multi denominational church. Services held each Sunday. This is a great location for couples who wish to "tie-the-knot" on the slopes of Kilimanjaro or to renew marriage vows.
- Shops - A well stocked shop where personal toiletries and souvenirs can be purchased
- Credit Cards - All major credit cards are accepted at Ol Tukai.
- Transportation - Air - scheduled services available from Nairobi's Wilson Airport. Flying time Nairobi - Amboseli is approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
- Library - The elevated library commands fantastic views over Mt. Kilimanjaro. Guests can relax in this quiet atmosphere and read a number of periodicals provided.
- Lounge - Guests can relax in the cool lounge and read or play board games, which are available from reception. Speakers from the nearby Elephant Research station give regular talks.
- Maasai Dancing - On alternate evenings a troupe of Maasai morans entertains guests with traditional songs and dances.
- Birdwalks - Ol Tukai is home to many varieties of beautifully coloured birds. Enjoy the short birdwalk that starts at the entrance of the hotel and rambles under the canopy of acacia trees around the lodge. A must for any budding ornithologist.
- Swimming Pool - The crystal clear figure of eight swimming pool, shaded by the occasional acacia tree, has ample sun beds and mattresses available for guest use. Guests are not permitted to swim at night.