Secluded within a grove of acacia trees, the lodge looks out over the golden savannah plains, with uninterrupted views of the mountain itself. Close by are a series of emerald green swamps, which are fed by the melting snows of Kilimanjaro. These, the only sources of water in this otherwise starkly beautiful but arid park, attract huge numbers of wallowing elephants, hippos, buffalos and plains game. Meanwhile, from the prehistoric site of Observation Hill, the sunset over Kilimanjaro is magnificent.
At the centre of 'Maasailand', the lodge's d?®cor reflects the brilliant primary colours and iconic shapes representative of these legendary warriors. At the heart of the lodge, shaded by palm trees, is a free-form swimming pool; to either side of which stretch the rooms. Each room is housed in a single storey building opening directly on to the grounds, each reflecting a Maasai manyatta theme: each with its own hand-painted wall frescos.
The central dining area is reached by a timbered bridge over a melt-water stream, while the lounge and bar feature a broad terrace and a blazing fire-pit where evening cocktails can be enjoyed. Activities include daily game drives in custom-built traditional safari vehicles, 'sundowners', on Observation Hill, bush breakfasts, bush dinners, Maasai dance performances, visits to Maasai villages and tree-planting programmes.
Total of 96 all standard rooms with ONLY two inter-connecting rooms (one door). No triple rooms available.
The rooms are individually appointed with authentic Africana and murals painted by Re-known local artists and conveying a distinctive Masai Manyatta mood. Limited space in the rooms.
: Each room furnished with bedside tables, dressing tables, built-in wardrobes, telephone, en-suite facilities, bottled water ?¢ litre per person per day
- The tree-planting (afforestation) programme managed by the lodge and in which guests are invited to participate and are issued with a certificate of participation.
- Perfect view of Kilimanjaro
- Out of Africa jogging Trail
- One large dining room with one bar
- Swimming Pool Bar
- Room service not available.
- Easy access for the physically disabled
- Babysitting services and Ayah accommodation available on request
- House doctor on call
- Express check-in/check-out services
- Bureau De Change and Use of Credit Cards
- Telephones in rooms and fax services available
- Laundry and valet services
- Lunch Boxes available on request
- Mains Electricity 220-240 V and generator
- Secretarial Services
- Safe-keeping facilities
- Gift shop and boutique
Full range of AV and communication equipment available - (some at a nominal fee).Large conference room with a capacity of 150 theatre style.
- Beauty Therapy and massage services
- Swimming pool
- Nature Walks
- Reforestation Program
- Out of Africa jogging trails
- Game viewing drives